Writing a book review or recommendation is not too difficult! Just make sure you include the following:
1) Go to the Book “Reviews & Recommendations” tab at the top of the blog.
2) Scroll down and click in the box named “Leave a Reply”.
3) Begin writing your review or recommendation for a book making sure to include the following:
- The title and author (I read… by…)
- A summary of what happens that doesn’t give away too much (In this book…)
- Comment on the strengths and weaknesses of the book (the strongest/weakest part of the book is…)
- Personal response (Overall this book was… because…)
The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
Review by: Josh B. Alaska, Grade 5
The Hobbit is an adventurous novel written by J.R.R Tolkien. This book is about an ordinary hobbit who goes from eating a plump, juicy steak to fighting a goblin in a matter of days. Bilbo the hobbit, 13 dwarves, and the wizard, Gandalf, have to travel to Mount Spur through the wilderness to defeat the evil dragon Smaug and reclaim the treasure. On their journey, they encounter many enemies, such as oversized spiders, goblins, and rock giants. However, on their adventure they lose dwarves to their many misfortunes. I like this book because it has action, adventure, and I can connect to some of the problems and settings, because I play outside and have encountered moose, bear, and thorns.